nav bar

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Craft Room Changes - Decorations

I am back again today to share some more changes that I am making to my craft room.

For this post I want to share with you some decorations that I have made for my craft room.


 
 
Since I am changing the colors to aqua, red, and white I went through my scrapbook paper stash and found some paper that coordinated.
 
The first thing I wanted to do was cover this wooden letter "S" in some paper. 
 
I used the Handmade collection by Lily Bee Designs and the sheet of paper is called Rag Quilt.
 
 
I painted the S with some white acrylic paint and then traced it out of the paper. I used Mod Podge to adhere the paper.
 
 
 
 
The next project I completed was using this Maya Road Tin that holds chipboard pieces. I have several of these sitting in a shelf and decided to use one as a decorative piece.
 
 
 
Since the tin has a clear plastic front, I adhered some more Lily Bee paper to it from the Handmade collection using the sheet called Running Stitch. I just placed it inside the tin behind the cover and used glue pop dots to hold it in place. Before adding the paper to the inside,  I cut out the phrase "Love this life" from my Silhouette Cameo die cutting machine. I used some more Lily Bee paper to make the cut and then painted it a brighter aqua blue with some Acrylic paint from my stash. I also painted a wooden camera piece from Studio Calico and added it to the paper as well.
 
 
 
To pull this all together, I hung a white shelf from Ikea right above my desk.
 
I added the letter S and tin and then added a red framed family picture and stacked some of my washi tape and that completed this shelf. The red frame is from World Market.
 
 
For my next project, I painted a mason jar with the Regal Red spray paint that I showed in my post yesterday.  I made some paper rosettes from the Lily Bee Handmade collection and glued them to a dowel rod that I painted white and placed them inside the jar. This sits on a bigger shelf that is on the wall with my desk.
 
 
I added my sewing thread to a candy dish from WalMart and found this wonderful vintage Kodak camera at a local antique store.
 
Here are some close-up pictures of the rosettes.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My next project uses this white 7 Gypsies Printers tray as show below. These are available at BlueMoon Scrapbooking.com.
 
71 12564
 
I cut up a mix of Lily Bee, My Minds Eye and Fancy Pants papers from my stash. I just cut the paper to fit each opening. I then made some die cuts using my Silhouette Cameo and some Ali Edwards brushes. I love her digital elements from Designer Digital. They work perfectly in the Cameo.
 
 
I added a few embellishments/stamps and my pictures and this project was complete. I have it hanging over my desk and love looking at it everyday!!
 
Here are some close-up pictures.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The sticker below is from the Fancy Pants Good Life collection.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Here is the view from my desk.
 

Thank you so much for looking!!
 
I am having such a good time making homemade crafts for my space. It makes me happy!! I hope you are inspired to create.
 
 
I will have more projects so stay tuned.
 
Linking to the following blog parties:
todays creative blog
Home stories a to z
 Uncommon designs online monday-funday-link-party
Mad in crafts mad-skills-link-party
 
 

15 comments:

  1. Such cute details makes me want to get in my scrapbook room and update a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I LOVE it! And the colors are beautiful together :) I'm sure you will be in your craft room 24/7 now with your lovely changes :)

    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how clean and neat it looks! Love your decorating with that deep red and turquoise! Very nice... The white adds the nice clean look to your designs... nice that you found paper to match your theme too... or maybe it inspired your theme ;) Thanks for helping us remember to decorate our own spaces too! Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful color combo and wonderful projects!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never thought about red and aqua before, but it works very well! Love your space :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That printer's tray is awesome! I need to make one for my craft room. I've honestly never wanted one until I saw yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks great. Love your color choices. I have no room to "decorate" per se. Every bit of wall is used for storage, lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your colors, so fresh! Great framed art.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there! I am your newest follower from the blog hop! Lovely little space you have here!! I'm Hanna. Nice meeting you!!! You can visit me anytime at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com I would love to have you!

    xoxoxo Hanna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the colors and the font style on your letters - and that lunch box is too cute! Take care, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  11. That shadow box idea is really neat!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This makes me want a silhouette!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Shelly ~ I came over from the link on Ali's blog and just wanted to say hello and tell you that I loved seeing your craft room goodies! This is one of my favorite color combinations - thanks for the inspiration! :o)

    ReplyDelete