Sunday, November 11, 2012

Fall Altered Bird Houses

I want to share with you my cute Fall altered bird houses.

 
 
 
I love altering the plain wooden bird houses that you can find at Hobby Lobby and Michael's.
 
Here they are before.
 
 
Here is a close-up of the paint colors I used.  Love these colors!!
 
 
 
These are easy to alter. I just painted them and cut my paper to size to fit on the houses. 
 
I used the Authentique Thankful paper collection and some of the stickers from the sticker sheet.
 
I raided my stash of fall goodies and decorated the bottoms with raffia, leaves, pumpkins, acorns, and pine cones.
 
The middle pieces are chalkboards. They were in a 2 pack at World Market/Cost plus. I painted them in coordinating colors (Americana Brand Autumn Red and Persimmon). I used letter stickers on them instead of messing with chalk. The trees and birds are from a Maya Road chipboard bird/trees set that I altered with paper and paint.
 
Here are more pictures!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Here they are on my entry way table. I can't decide where to keep them, but this is where they are at right now.
 
 
Here is my YouTube video showing you everything in detail.
 
 
 
Thanks for looking!
 
I am linking up to the following blog parties;
Mighty Crafty Mondays
 

12 comments:

  1. Cute birdhouses! I'd love for you to share this at my link party Submarine Sunday. It's open until Friday @ 11:59pm. I hope you'll stop by!

    T'onna
    http://navywifeypeters.blogspot.com/2012/11/submarine-sunday-6.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing at last week's Submarine Sunday link party! I featured these cool bird houses at this week's party. I hope you'll link up again this week, and don't forget to grab a feature button!

      T'onna
      http://www.navywifeypeters.blogspot.com/2012/11/submarine-sunday-7.html

      Delete
  2. Shelly, your bid houses are adorable. You did a fantastic, crafty job. Thank you for becoming a new follower of the Cabin, I am also your newest follower. Can't wait to see what else your blog has to offer. Have a wonderful day:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty birdhouse! I love DIY :) Found you on the GFC Collective Blog Hop
    -Mariely @ Sensational Creations

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so cute! new follower from the gfc collective hop, would love a follow back.

    http://cumminslife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are very talented - these are great. looking forward to more diy projects from you :)
    following via the gfc blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Shelly! Thanks for stopping by earlier on my blog via the GFC blog hop! Thanks for following, I'm following you back now... Love the birdhouses, you are my favourite type of blogger, I'm sure I'll be visiting often! Have a great week :)

    Ilda
    http://www.ilovedoingallthingscrafty.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE! I might have to pick me up some birdhouses next time I'm out! My daughter would love to help me decorate some. I pinned them! Thanks for letting me know about them!
    hugs-Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi. i'm following the GFC blog hop. i would love for you to visit my blog and follow if you like it.

    http://www.blackinkpaperie.blogspot.com

    thanks
    new follower bev

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I love these! They are so cute. Thank you so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent this week. I am so thrilled to have you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, adorable!! love this project! new follower from the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cute project! Thank you for sharing at MightyCrafty Mondays!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis